Search This Blog

Praying in Faith and Authority

Pr Josephine Lu
10-02-2019

1) We are His royal priesthood.


1 Peter 2:9 New King James Version (NKJV)

9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

1 Peter 2:5 New King James Version (NKJV)

5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Jesus is the Great High Priest.


Jesus ever lives to intercede for His people. We stand in the gap between the living and the dead.


This is our primary call.




Coming to that place to surrender our lives totally to the Lord.


Ezekiel 22:30 New King James Version (NKJV)

30 So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one.

Coming to that place of alignment, we pray in faith. There is no doubt that God will answer. Rise up in faith and declare by faith, God will answer.


If we are not abiding, we do not understand the heart of the Father. When we come into the presence of God and search our hearts and align to the heartbeat of God, it brings us to a place that Jesus is interceding.


John 15:4 New King James Version (NKJV)

4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

When we come into that place, the Holy Spirit will travail. When we are align spirit, soul and body with God, we are able to have His desire. That is God-given.


Isaiah 55:11 New King James Version (NKJV)

11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me [a]void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

God's voice comes naturally. It is like a prompting. Sometimes we miss it.


The Holy Spirit gives us empowerment and encouragement. He lifts us up.


What is the hindrance in my own life that I need to lay down?


Abide. Come to that place of resting in His presence. What a privilege to be called into His courts.


2) We are co-heirs with Christ.


Romans 8:17 New King James Version (NKJV)

17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

Whatever has been promised to Jesus belongs to us.


1 Peter 1:5 New King James Version (NKJV)

5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Hebrews 1:2 New King James Version (NKJV)

2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the [b]worlds;

Psalm 2:8 New King James Version (NKJV)

8 Ask of Me, and I will give You
The nations for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your possession.

Ask the Lord for the soul of the people of our land.


As sonship, we have this inheritance that is eternal and everlasting.


The enemy blocks us from seeing this eternal inheritance. Our mindset is always on the temporal.


If we are His priests, we have this authority to stand in the gap for the nations and the peoples.


Based on these two foundations, we are His priests and we are co-heirs of His kingdom.


What is our vision and passion? Is anything too hard for God?


What kind of prayers am I praying if I have kingdom authority and a great inheritance from the King of kings?


Matthew 6:33 New King James Version (NKJV)

33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

The battle for souls of men starts with our belief system.


Isaiah 49:1 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Servant, the Light to the Gentiles
49 “Listen, O coastlands, to Me,
And take heed, you peoples from afar!
The Lord has called Me from the womb;
From the [a]matrix of My mother He has made mention of My name.

Jeremiah 1:5 New King James Version (NKJV)

5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified[a] you;
I [b]ordained you a prophet to the nations.”

Psalm 6 New King James Version (NKJV)

A Prayer of Faith in Time of Distress
To the Chief Musician. With stringed instruments. On [a]an eight-stringed harp. A Psalm of David.
6 O Lord, do not rebuke me in Your anger,
Nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure.
2 Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am weak;
O Lord, heal me, for my bones are troubled.
3 My soul also is greatly troubled;
But You, O Lord—how long?

4 Return, O Lord, deliver me!

Oh, save me for Your mercies’ sake!
5 For in death there is no remembrance of You;
In the grave who will give You thanks?

6 I am weary with my groaning;

[b]All night I make my bed swim;
I drench my couch with my tears.
7 My eye wastes away because of grief;
It grows old because of all my enemies.

8 Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity;

For the Lord has heard the voice of my weeping.
9 The Lord has heard my supplication;
The Lord will receive my prayer.
10 Let all my enemies be ashamed and greatly troubled;
Let them turn back and be ashamed suddenly.

We agonise with God. We want a breakthrough. And we ask, "How long more?!"


The love of God gave David the strength to go through. That helped him in faith and in love.


For the Lord has heard the voice of my weeping. (Psalm 6:8) Charles Spurgeon in "Treasury of David" calls it "liquid prayer."


As David travailed and waited, a shift happened. (Psalm 6:9-10)


Just agonise and battle through! We need to come back to pray in tears. "Lord, forgive me! Have mercy!"


Let it be birthed from within. And change happens. It starts with us. When we affect the change in society, great things happen.


Take it to the Lord in prayer. When we align our hearts with God, we are so much with what God wants to do. God will birth forth His plans and purposes.







It is all about Jesus.

As we take care of His Kingdom, He will take care of our lives.

Remember His Father. Link with His heart. God wants us to be so much a part of what He wants to do. Know Him and believe Him for greater things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment