Search This Blog

Rebuilding the Prayer Altar of the Lord (3)

Asia Pacific Prayer Conference
with Dr John Mulinde
23-06-2017

Hebrews 10:1-7New King James Version (NKJV)
Animal Sacrifices Insufficient

10 For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins.3 But in those sacrifices there isa reminder of sins every year.4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.

Christ’s Death Fulfills God’s Will

5 Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:

“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me.
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
You had no pleasure.
7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come—
In the volume of the book it is written of Me—
To do Your will, O God.’”


In 1987, I was working as an evangelist and I was preaching in one part of Uganda. We were struggling because the people were not coming to the Lord in sizeable numbers.

I had dreamed of a loud trumpet blowing and the whole earth was shaking. I saw the heavens open and clouds were pouring from all sides and a great light was shining through. I saw stars shooting out of the horizon. Thousands and thousands of stars represented angels. I saw the Lord coming in a very bright light. My attention came to earth and I saw multitudes of people running, screaming in terror like it was the end of their lives.I was so scared and I wanted to run too but my legs were paralysed. I could not move and I was shaking.

Then I heard the Lord singing a song. It was a very sad song. He was crying. He said, "Where are they for whom I paid the price? I laid down my life for them but they flee from My presence." He was weeping and weeping. He said something that I did not understand at that time. "Even those whom I called by name they could not stand before Me," the Lord said.

He turned before me and said, "Do you see? They are not ready. Tell my people the hour is short. I am coming soon but I do not see the readiness of the people. When you preach, call people to come back to Me for you are a voice in the wilderness."

I came out of the dream and I was sick.

I recovered and began to preach with a new vitality and a new passion. My heart felt a burning for the Lord. But we did not see any change in the people.

Even as I preached, I would cry but there was nothing in the way the people responded. I was frustrated and vented out to the Lord on my knees. "I did what You told me to do but I do not see any change," I cried out to the Lord.


One night, I saw a vision. The people were being held captive. Their eyes were blind. Their hearts were hardened.

"You need to intercede for them. Without an intercessor, no one can come through. You need to set captives free from the power of bondage. As they are set free, they would respond to the gospel."

"Do you see the miracles of healing and deliverance in churches? It is important. Have you ever wondered why the same people keep coming back for deliverance?"

And yes, I noticed that. The Lord brought me scriptures where He was teaching about deliverance. When a demon is cast out, it wanders around and it finds no place to rest. Every demon cast out will come back. When it comes and finds that the house is in order and clean, it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself and begins to take possession. The state of the people at the latter home is worse than before. That's why the cycle of deliverance never ends.

Then He said, "I want you to understand that the war is on three levels."

Level 1: Personal level
- Opression inside one person's life.

Level 2: Institutional level i.e. the systems around us.
- The religious system around us.
- The family system around us.
- The economic system around us.
- The political system around us.
- The social values around us.

If the enemy gains a foothold in any system, it controls the people in the system.

Level 3: The heavenlies or the firmament.

At each level, the forces at the next level are stronger and more powerful.

Principalities and powers control the cities.

The Lord said, "I am going to teach you how to control the forces of each level. But first, build a fountain within yourself."

For three months, he restrained us from any activities outside.

Then He sent us out to a certain village and we engaged in a warfare that we had never engaged in before. We could see forces in every level. The forces would speak to us and they would challenge us.

When we overcame them at one level, they moved to a higher level and brought along reinforcements.

We spent nights praying for breakthroughs. We began to see great deliverance and healing.

The Lord told us to go to a certain town. "Before you go, you need to win the battle here," He said. We prayed for the town and we could see the spiritual realm in that town and where the forces of darkness were positioned. We saw different people serving the demonic forces. We attacked them and they attacked us. Some of us protected the town, others fought. We saw our intercessors taken captive. But we saw victory ahead of us.

We were arrested and spend a night in a cell. We preached to the prisoners and they came to Jesus Christ.

We went to the third location. It was a very different place. The war had just ended. Skeletons were lying everywhere. The church used to be a community centre but it was no longer in use. Forty people were killed there. Bones and skulls were still there.

We collected all the bones and skeletons. And we started a church there.

Sometimes we would pray and we could hear people screaming at the side.

But we saw multitudes of people coming to Jesus Christ.

In a nutshell, we were enjoying the ministry. The physical and the spiritual intermingled.

Something started to happen. Every time the twelve of us prayed, one among us would feel a vision or receive a scripture.

I was convinced that there was no way God would do signs and wonders if we were not pure to Him.

When these messages came, I would talk to the team members and tell them that someone is doing something wrong and God was rebuking all of us. This continued on for a week and a half.

One day, I came home and a sister who had fasted shared a vision to me. She said, "I was in this vision. I was walking along a narrow path and I wanted to take a rest. Suddenly, a man in shining white garment appeared and said, "Don't be tired. Keep going." Go back to where you left John and give him this letter."

There was a scripture inside the envelope.

Jeremiah 7:3-11
3 Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: “Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place.4 Do not trust in these lying words, saying, ‘The temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord are these.’

5 “For if you thoroughly amend your ways and your doings, if you thoroughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbor, 6 if you do not oppress the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place, or walk after other gods to your hurt, 7 then I will cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers forever and ever.

8 “Behold, you trust in lying words that cannot profit. 9 Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, burn incense to Baal, and walk after other gods whom you do not know, 10 and then come and stand before Me in this house which is called by My name, and say, ‘We are delivered to do all these abominations’? 11 Has this house, which is called by My name, become a den of thieves in your eyes? Behold, I, even I, have seen it,” says the Lord.

I was so confused but this must have been a message from the Lord that He gave to me to preach.

I am a preacher. I am seeing God's power and vision. I am moving in the power of the Holy Spirit. I am born again.

I thanked the sister and put away the message, promising that I would study it the next day.

When I woke up at 4am, I would usually spend the time to worship and pray. But this time, I could not pray and worship. It was like my head was locked. I turned to the scripture but it was like the door had closed before me. For a whole hour, I had no success.

At 5am, everybody else woke up and started to worship.

And I was dry, lonely and irritated. That's how I went through the entire prayer meeting.

After breakfast, I asked the Lord, "What was wrong with me?" We were supposed to do evangelism but I was just not in the mood. I said to them, "Go and preach. I stay and pray."


I took out my bibles, notebook and concordance. I went outside to sit down. I was ready to do business with God. I began to complain. "Lord, this is not fair! I woke up early to seek Your face but I could not feel Your presence. If something is wrong, show me."

I was looking for something different but there was nothing there that was different. I was living the life that I was always living. I felt that I had the right to complain.

As I was talking and talking, I felt a wave of mist or moist coming upon me. At that very moment, I felt somebody by my side, touching my body but I did not see anybody there.

Suddenly, I felt like an arrow just hit my spirit. I received the word and I opened the bible.

Romans 1:18-21
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 

I could feel the Lord was not happy but I thought, "Who are You talking about, Lord? I do not fully understand."

Once again, a wave came and a word went like a sharp object into my heart.

Romans 1:28-32
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

At this time, a sense of conviction was heavily upon me. "The Lord was talking to you."

I looked again at the passage and yes, I saw some things that were there in my life.

"But I confess every day before I go to bed," I tried to reason. "It can't be that bad. Okay, okay. Those things appeared in my life now and then but I confess them to You. And the bible says You will forgive me."

Suddenly, a wave came upon me and again, it went straight to my heart.

Romans 2:1-7
2 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things. 3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: 7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;


To me, at that moment, it was like God was shouting at me. I was so scared. I knew something was wrong but I did not know exactly what I had done wrong. I started to repent but in a general way. "Show me what I had done that I may confess and turn away from it," I said.

Suddenly, a wave came upon me. 

Romans 2:17-24
17 Indeed you are called a Jew, and rest on the law, and make your boast in God, 18 and know His will, and approve the things that are excellent, being instructed out of the law, 19 and are confident that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness,20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, having the form of knowledge and truth in the law. 21 You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal? 22 You who say, “Do not commit adultery,” do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? 23 You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law? 24 For “the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you,” as it is written.

At that time, we were preaching every day. The people were so blasphemous and so vulgar in their language against us.

We had to comfort ourselves. At least we were doing the right thing.

The Lord said that it was the root of that that His name was blasphemed.

I felt like screaming. I was scared, confused and angry. I did not understand why God was talking straight at me.

By that time, the team that went to evangelise had come back.

I called the sister who started it all.

"Since you gave me the scripture, I cannot pray to God. He is so displeased with me and so annoyed with me. Come with me to pray," I told her.

She asked me how to pray.

I said, "We repent."

And she said, "What sin have I done?"

"I do not know," I replied. "But I know God is not happy."

And I told her everything.

Her eyes grew big. She started to shake. She screamed and threw herself away and began to pray and cry out for mercy.

But she was praying for herself.

Later, she told me that when I shared with her, the conviction came upon her and it was so strong.

Because she was crying, I began to cry too. I confessed and I pleaded for mercy from the Lord.

After one hour, I said if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins. I began to ask Him for forgiveness and salvation.

But I had no peace. I said, "Lord, would You talk to me? Would You give me a word?"

I received no word.

I took my bible and I said, "Lord, I am going to open the bible and turn to a page. Whichever verse that my eyes read, that will be Your word." You see, I had preached against such a practice. But I was doing it.

My eyes went to Jeremiah 6:14.

Jeremiah 6:14-15
14 They dress the wound of my people
    as though it were not serious.
‘Peace, peace,’ they say,
    when there is no peace.
15 Are they ashamed of their detestable conduct?
    No, they have no shame at all;
    they do not even know how to blush.
So they will fall among the fallen;
    they will be brought down when I punish them,”
says the Lord.



That was not comforting at all. I threw the bible away.

I was suffering inside of me. I cried and I cried.

Suddenly, I felt His presence upon me. When I felt it, I said, "Oh, yes, Lord! At last!"


I felt like a heavy blanket was upon me.

My tongue felt like it was swollen.


I could not move my hand.

It was like me and my body were two different people. Like I was inside my body but at the same time, I was not.

I felt a wave going through me and through my heart. I was scared. I was questioning what was going on. I could not open my eyes. I was on my knees and my eyes were fixed on the ground. I saw a person standing before me. I could only see the feet and the white garment, It was full of light. And He spoke audibly. His voice was like cold water going through me.

He called my name. He called me three times.

I could not answer.

He said, "I chose you before the foundation of the world. Before you were formed in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart to serve Me in the last days. You are to be a voice to my people."

"But if I were to come today to take my bride, I would not take you."

I was shocked. It felt like a bomb exploding inside of me. It was like the greatest disappointment to me.

Then He said, "Because you are not ready. The bible says I will appear to those who wait upon Me. You are not waiting on Me."

He continued, "How do you think you would be ready when your life is filled with dirt and rotten things?"

"No," I said. "I had never gone back to the life of immorality and fornication."

He asked, "Is your life full of immorality and immoral thoughts?"

In my thoughts, I answered, "No." I did not utter it out.

The voice stopped. There was a pause.

Then He said, "Do you call me a liar? Let me remind you. Remember when you went into this town or city and you were in a taxi…?"

I was literally back to that very moment. I was seated in a minibus. There was this beautiful girl. My thoughts began to imagine all kinds of immoral things about her. It all came back as if it was happening right there.

I was so shocked and I said, "Oh, no, Lord! I have sinned against You."

He said, "No, you have not fallen into sin. You live in sin."

And I saw many other times. One in particular was when I was in church.

He said, "You did not even feel My presence. Someone came onto the pulpit and all you could imagine was what she looked like."

I felt so dirty and rotten. And out of a sudden, I realised something that I had never realised before. I had been living my life in sin.

And He began to bring out other issues ranging from envy, jealousy, manipulation to being a hypocrite. "Repent or your sins would destroy you," He said.

And I began to ask, "What about all the miracles? So the devil used me?"

The voice stopped.

Then He said, "Why do you imagine evil thoughts? I do not do miracles because the nation needed to witness. I love the people. Miracles do not take you to heaven. Without holiness, no man shall see God."

Thank God for His grace and mercy. That was the turning point in my life.

I had said earlier that I confess those sins every day. There is a difference between confession of sins and repentance. When you confess, He will forgive you but you never stop sinning. Why? Because you will confess again come tomorrow and you are forgiven. You confess the same things over and over again from January to December. Each time you believe that you are forgiven. But it is like a tree falling its leaves. You sweep away the leaves and more leaves will come.

One day, your sins will destroy you.

So, repent and turn away from sins. Do not go that way again. Say to Him, "Lord, I will not go against You. I would rather die than go against You."

The question is: "Is He your Lord?"

Are you a priest in the order of Jesus Christ? Say to Him, "You will be my Lord and my God. I will walk in Your ways, and not my ways. I will bring myself as a living sacrifice before the Lord."

"Break me, O God. Break my heart. Forgive me for false confessions. Forgive me for false repentance. Forgive me for living a lie."

2 Chronicles 7:14
14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Related: 





No comments:

Post a Comment