Search This Blog

Stay Committed Because God is Ever Faithful

Pr Lau Tak Siong
31-12-2017

Philippians 1:6New King James Version (NKJV)

6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

God will remain ever faithful to you and to me. 


1 Corinthians 1:9New King James Version (NKJV)

9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

He will remain faithful through good times and bad times. 


2 Corinthians 12:9New King James Version (NKJV)

9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

"Thanks be to God that I am where I am today."


Opposites attract each other. Opposites also attack each other.


Philippians 4:19New King James Version (NKJV)

19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

God is ever faithful to provide every time.


The Philippians believers were living in proverty. Yet they were generous in their giving.


He has promised to remain faithful even if His servants have become unfaithful.


Case in point:

Samson:
He carried the anointing of the LORD but he gave in to the lust of his flesh.

The Philistines seized Samson, and gouged out his eyes.


His last prayer to God:

Judges 16:28New King James Version (NKJV)
28 Then Samson called to the Lord, saying, “O Lord God, remember me, I pray! Strengthen me, I pray, just this once, O God, that I may with one blow take vengeance on the Philistines for my two eyes!”

Peter:

Matthew 26:33New King James Version (NKJV)
33 Peter answered and said to Him, “Even if all are made to stumble because of You, I will never be made to stumble.”

Yet he denied Jesus three times before the rooster crows.


Peter is the first person mentioned in Paul's list of witnesses, and is the first of the apostles to see the risen Christ.


Seek first the Kingdom of God.


1 Corinthians 4:2New King James Version (NKJV)

2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful.

1 Corinthians 4:17New King James Version (NKJV)

17 For this reason I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful son in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways in Christ, as I teach everywhere in every church.

Remain faithful no matter what the temptation may be.


The ministry is tough. It takes the grace God to go through. Remain faithful. Remain committed.


Proverbs 28:20New King James Version (NKJV)

20 A faithful man will abound with blessings,
But he who hastens to be rich will not go unpunished.

Psalm 101:6New King James Version (NKJV)

6 My eyes shall be on the faithful of the land,
That they may dwell with me;
He who walks in a perfect way,
He shall serve me.

Philippians 3:12New King James Version (NKJV)

Pressing Toward the Goal
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.

Remain faithful. Remain committed.


1) Always open to learn. Keep on learning.

Proverbs 9:9New King James Version (NKJV)
9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser;
Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

2) Keep the focus. 

Hebrews 12:2New King James Version (NKJV)
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3) Fix your eyes on the Lord.


4) Meditate on the Word of God.

Psalm 119:16New King James Version (NKJV)
16 I will delight myself in Your statutes;
I will not forget Your word.

5) Make time to seek the Lord in prayer.

Mark 1:35New King James Version (NKJV)
Preaching in Galilee
35 Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed.

6) Worship Him daily.


7) Keep an eye out for danger.

Proverbs 14:14-15New King James Version (NKJV)
14 The backslider in heart will be filled with his own ways,
But a good man will be satisfied from above.

15 The simple believes every word,

But the prudent considers well his steps.

8) Keep in good fellowship. Choose your friends wisely.

Proverbs 27:17New King James Version (NKJV)
17 As iron sharpens iron,
So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.

1 Corinthians 15:23New King James Version (NKJV)

23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming.

God is faithful to protect you and to preserve you.

No comments:

Post a Comment