Search This Blog

Bless the Lord, O my Soul

Pr James Kawalya
20-05-2018

Psalm 103:1-3 New King James Version (NKJV)
Praise for the Lord’s Mercies
A Psalm of David.
103 Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,

We are created with a soul.

When God created man, He breathed into his nostrils and man became a living soul.

The soul that God put in man gives man the ability to function in the spirit and the physical.

If the spirits want to walk in the natural, they must find a soul.

Matthew 16:26 New King James Version (NKJV)
26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

The soul is so precious.

How do you take care of your soul?

If you take care of your body, you also need to take care of your soul.

It is your soul that will meet the Lord in heaven.

We confuse the self and the soul.

We tend to emphasise on self-development and self-promotion.

The self is the things that we acquire.

That's not who we are.

We can change ourselves but we cannot change our soul.

What is the condition of our soul?


RELATED:
FREEDOM FROM BONDAGE, LIBERTY IN CHRIST


FREEDOM FROM BONDAGES

Psalm 116 New King James Version (NKJV)
Thanksgiving for Deliverance from Death
116 I love the Lord, because He has heard
My voice and my supplications.
2 Because He has inclined His ear to me,
Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.

3 The [a]pains of death surrounded me,
And the [b]pangs of Sheol [c]laid hold of me;
I found trouble and sorrow.
4 Then I called upon the name of the Lord:
“O Lord, I implore You, deliver my soul!”

5 Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;
Yes, our God is merciful.
6 The Lord preserves the simple;
I was brought low, and He saved me.
7 Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.

8 For You have delivered my soul from death,
My eyes from tears,
And my feet from falling.
9 I will walk before the Lord
In the land of the living.
10 I believed, therefore I spoke,
“I am greatly afflicted.”
11 I said in my haste,
“All men are liars.”

12 What shall I render to the Lord
For all His benefits toward me?
13 I will take up the cup of salvation,
And call upon the name of the Lord.
14 I will pay my vows to the Lord
Now in the presence of all His people.

15 Precious in the sight of the Lord
Is the death of His saints.

16 O Lord, truly I am Your servant;
I am Your servant, the son of Your maidservant;
You have loosed my bonds.
17 I will offer to You the sacrifice of thanksgiving,
And will call upon the name of the Lord.

18 I will pay my vows to the Lord
Now in the presence of all His people,
19 In the courts of the Lord’s house,
In the midst of you, O Jerusalem.

[d]Praise the Lord!

Psalm 142:7 New King James Version (NKJV)
7 Bring my soul out of prison,
That I may praise Your name;
The righteous shall surround me,
For You shall deal bountifully with me.”

Psalm 143:11-12 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 Revive me, O Lord, for Your name’s sake!
For Your righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble.
12 In Your mercy cut off my enemies,
And destroy all those who afflict my soul;
For I am Your servant.

Psalm 23 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Lord the Shepherd of His People
A Psalm of David.
23 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not [a]want.
2 He makes me to lie down in [b]green pastures;
He leads me beside the [c]still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will [d]dwell in the house of the Lord
[e]Forever.

3 John 2 New King James Version (NKJV)
2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

Is my soul prospering?

Luke 4:16-21 New King James Version (NKJV)
Jesus Rejected at Nazareth
16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read. 17 And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written:

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me [a]to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are [b]oppressed;
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”

20 Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21 And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

Jesus was talking about the captivity of the soul.

Psalm 88:3-8 New King James Version (NKJV)
3 For my soul is full of troubles,
And my life draws near to the grave.
4 I am counted with those who go[c] down to the pit;
I am like a man who has no strength,
5 [d]Adrift among the dead,
Like the slain who lie in the grave,
Whom You remember no more,
And who are cut off from Your hand.

6 You have laid me in the lowest pit,
In darkness, in the depths.
7 Your wrath lies heavy upon me,
And You have afflicted me with all Your waves. Selah
8 You have [e]put away my acquaintances far from me;
You have made me an abomination to them;
I am shut up, and I cannot get out;

It is the soul that is in captivity.

Psalm 40:1-2 New King James Version (NKJV)
Faith Persevering in Trial
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
40 I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.

Bring my soul out of prison.

John 5 Amplified Bible (AMP)
The Healing at Bethesda
5 Later on there was a Jewish feast (festival), and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

2 Now in Jerusalem, near the Sheep Gate, there is a [a]pool, which is called in Hebrew (Jewish Aramaic) Bethesda, having five porticoes (alcoves, colonnades). 3 In these porticoes lay a great number of people who were sick, blind, lame, withered, [b][waiting for the stirring of the water; 4 for an angel of the Lord went down into the pool at appointed seasons and stirred up the water; the first one to go in after the water was stirred was healed of his disease.] 5 There was a certain man there who had been ill for thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus noticed him lying there [helpless], knowing that he had been in that condition a long time, He said to him, “Do you want to get well?” 7 The invalid answered, “Sir, I have no one to put me in the pool when the water is stirred up, and while I am coming [to get into it myself], someone else steps down ahead of me.” 8 Jesus said to him, “Get up; pick up your pallet and walk.” 9 Immediately the man was healed and recovered his strength, and [c]picked up his pallet and walked.

The Lord will completely deliver your soul and make you whole.

In spiritual warfare, the more we cast the evil spirits out, the more they come into a man's body and attack the soul. They will go out and bring seven more into the soul. 

It is disorder in the soul that causes mental and psychological disorders.

The Word of God heals my soul.

The Word became flesh.

John 1:1-3 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Eternal Word
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

John 1:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Word Becomes Flesh
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jesus is here.

The Word of God heals my soul.

You need the restoration of your soul by filling it with the power of His Word. That's what heals the wounds of your soul. It's not a superman that comes with power.

Invest in the Word of God.

Before we cast out devils, we need the Word of God.

Fill people with the Word of God.

What restores is the Word of God.

It is the power of the Word that can disarm demons and break curses.

Let your soul be soaked in the Word of God. Your past will be forgotten. Bitterness will disappear. People will see the Word of God at work in your life.

I've not just been delivered. I am transformed!

Be transformed from one level of glory to another level of glory.

You will experience the glory of God in your life. Not power.

The glory of God not only heals you but cures your bloodline.

His glory comes from His Word.

Move from power to glory.

Your soul is a carrier of the glory of God.

The soul was created in glory. That's why the devil keeps on wanting to defile you.

My soul is glorious in Christ!

What I have is better than fame. It is eternal. It is everlasting. Every day it is from glory to glory.

Bless the Lord, O my soul!

The glory of God is in my soul. The Lord has brought glory back into my soul.

Rejoice in the Lord, O my soul!

The glory of God is in my soul!

Heal your wounded soul to host the glory of God. Then we will see transformation.

Glory of God, fill my soul!


Jesus, lover of my soul!



No comments:

Post a Comment